View Single Post
Old 15-04-07, 10:57

Haven't had any noticeable dust problems on my K10D. This could be either because I haven't had any dust get in, therefore no problem, or it could be the dust removal system is doing its job and nothing has stuck to the sensor.

My *ist DS had no dust removal technology and I used to have to give it a blast with the blower every few months. My habits haven't changed significantly, if anything, I change lenses more often with the K10D than I used to with the DS, so I'd have expected more dust issues.

I had already seen the test report you reference and thought it was a particularly harsh test, far more severe than anything a typical photographer is likely to find themselves facing in day to day usage.

It's impossible for me to say if my lack of dust issues on the K10D are because the sensor shake at power up is removing dust, or if it is just coincidence that no dust has got in during the 14 weeks I've had it. All I know is that I'm no longer cloning out spots on my pictures and getting the rocket blower out every so often.

Duncan