View Single Post
Old 05-07-07, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
Thankyou Duncan some good tips here.As you say C1 seems to be a good deal but I have not ruled out NX yet.If I go with either of the above will that make my MS Digital Image suite redundant ?

thanks
Stephen
From the information on the NX Hints and Tips thread, it would appear that Nikon NX does a lot of general image processing as well as raw file conversion, I can certainly see the attraction of an all-in-one package for image editing. It is certainly far more fully featured than C1 in this respect.

For the bits you can't do using the raw processor (whichever you chose), Photoshop Elements is probably the best choice in terms of Value For Money. There's a huge amount of tutorials and help information on using Photoshop, both the full package and the more limited (though perfectly adequate for most users) Elements version. Most photography magazines in their "digital darkroom sections" base their instructions on Photoshop. This would make your MS Digital Image suite redundant.

You could use the Adobe Camera Raw plugin with Photoshop Elements, it has a very easy to understand user interface, but personally I find the results a bit dull in comparison to C1.

Elements will set you back around £70.

Anyone had any experience of Adobe Lightroom? It looks appealing at £140 as an all-in-one raw convertion and editing package.