Thread: Heads up scam
View Single Post
Old 16-12-18, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Just had an e-mail supposedly from BT, it looked genuine and even had all the "pages" listed for customer services etc.
It stated that prices were increasing and unless I replied to day my account would be suspended, and would I re affirm my account details so they could up date me.
Now being a suspicious type I called BT customer services, they looked into it and have told me it is a scam to get your details so delete it.
So beware, the threat of having to do it the same day as the e-mail and the time of year may get some people to rush into doing it DON'T.
Charles.
I can't imagine an ISP ever cutting of customers for not replying in a day. this has SCAM written over it in letters so big I'd find it difficult to read the whole rest! It may be worth mentioning something we've recently come across. A marriage tax allowance transfer service - seems simple enough to do & with my wife earning significantly less than me should give us quite a bit of money back. The form doesn't ask for bank details etc - but did authorize the payments to be made to the company doing it amplifying the alarm bells that started when it was a company we were claiming from. Reading up their terms & conditions they charge 35% for this, and hold on to any money for a week or two!!! Going direct to the HMRC website we could claim direct and it hardly took any longer to fill in the application. - The refund should be enough for a new camera

Pentax K5ii & Panasonic G5 user (with far too many bits to list)
Member of North Essex Photographic Workshop
Also online with PentaxUser.co.uk, Flickr, MU-43, MFLenses...