View Single Post
Old 19-02-07, 13:48

Personally I am in favour of keeping the entry requirements as liberal as possible. It is the nature of all forums that members come and go. Having scanned the winners to date the number of gallery postings by each winner varies from 2 to 110 - but I feel it would have been a shame if those great little terriers in "A Day at the Races" had been disallowed because it was the first of only 2.

If there were to be any changes to the rules I would like to see them trying to achieve 2 things:

- firstly to get more people to enter because I think it challenges you to think about and extend your photography.

- and secondly to get more people to vote. Everyone on here has an interest in photography and pictures and (IMO) those are the only qualifications you need to express a preference based on whatever criteria you deem important.

So changes I would suggest are:
- make it impossible to see the voting results until after you have voted (as is the case on BF).
- I am inclined to go along with the suggestion that postings should be anonymous until after you have voted.
- Make it impossible to vote for yourself.

Last edited by Nigel G; 19-02-07 at 18:37.