View Single Post
Old 11-03-08, 13:10
Chris

I feel a little bit of guilt having previously stuck a question mark over what the POTW choice was coming up with.

After a day or two musing, and even slinking back to WAB whence I came for a day, my conclusion is that this forum has gained enough strength over the 2 years (+) it has been running to hold together a very wide range of photographic interests. That has to mean that upto a 1/3 of the interests may, for a while, leave a particular member 'cold', but I am pretty sure there is enough overlap and shifting of individual tastes and styles for there to be no risk of splitting into factions.

I would add that I use WPF as a complement to pbase. There one can post whole galleries of stuff that wouldn't get a single comment here and communicate selectively with an even wider range of photgraphers internationally. Here one nethertheless gets a sense of community, plenty of help when needed, and an occasional laugh.

It is the mods we have to thank for this and I would like to take this opportunity of doing so.