View Single Post
Old 02-01-06, 16:17

Setup in the kitchen with fluorescent lighting under cupboards and on the ceiling I put all lights ON. Using three sheets of white A3 paper I setup a makeshift studio in the corner of the worktops. The remote SB-600 flash was fitted with the kitchen roll diffuser as above to the right. A bit of fooling around with bounce flash with the on camera SB-800 led me to blasting as much light at the back of the makeshift studio to wash any shadow. Blasting light at a shiney object only causes serious reflection so...

Using two sheets of kitchen roll placed about 15cm in front of both flashes reduced any shine but kept the illumination. Using my left hand to control the camera and right to hold the kitchen roll sheet was difficult and I really needed an assistant. The secondary diffuser stood up on it edge in front of the SB-600 due to the curvature of the roll.

The photo is in the still life gallery and if you look carefully it is possible to see my arm on the rear rim edge, the other yellow and blue colours on the bottom lip are a rogue tile and the backdoor window (bluey colour as it was taken near dusk)

Hope you enjoy the photo I certainly did taking it.....

Part II follows