View Single Post
Old 01-09-06, 11:57
Super Moderator

If you are looking for a compact to slip into your pocket when you don't want to carry the full dSLR then try www.fotosense.co.uk - they have some great bundles including memory card, spare batteries, case etc but they don't have as extensive a range of SLR gear as www.warehouseexpress.co.uk

For printer OEM inks & a good range of papers www.7dayshop.com - I've always found them very good

For memory cards I use www.emartbuy.com (mainly because they are in the jewelry quarter in Birmingham and I can call & collect ) but I've alos used www.photo-scotland.co.uk who were very good at changing a faulty Sandisk card.

I may shortly have a recommendation for equipment for Canon users. I wanted a Canon 70-300 f4-5.6 IS but had read on the web that there were problems with some of these lenses. I found a supplier who provide this lens at £350 a price even www.warehouseexpress.co.uk could not match £369. On higher end equipment the saving he can offer seem to be in the 10-15%+ range over warehouseexpress but he doesn't seem to deal in anything but Canon sorry to all you Nikon/Pentax/Olympus etc users Before buying I emailed about thier policy if I were to get a problem lens and was advised that they would just replace it... so I ordered. Anyway to cut a long story shot, my lens was one of the affected ones. Rather than send for repair and be without it, as it is ok in most situations, the supplier has suggested that I continue to use for the time being and when the new ones become available from Canon he will change it. Canon have advised me that the new ones should be available sometime this month so assuming I get my exchange as promised I will be a very happy bunny and will be able to recommend the supplier to you all.

The only thing that is making me stop and think is the anouncement of the new L series 70-200 f4 IS. When that and the replacement for mine are available I may talk to the supplier again about my options