View Single Post
Old 29-03-07, 23:24

The drop in sales due to stock availablity of DSLR's is old news, which attributed the first drop in share price and appaered in the report just ofter Christmas.
In this third press release we've had from our boss at the shop, there's a few other details which do not seem to appear in this article, or one or two others I've also seen. One or two items seem quite up beat.
For example, despite all the doom and gloom this particular Newspaper article above indicates, Jessops market share in some areas actually went up.
Some of the numbers we've seen can logically be attributed to a bit of number crunching, and shuffling of those numbers.
As I posted previuosly on the other Jessop related thread, the introduction of the new style World Camera Centres, with the first opening at Cardiff, or the acquisition of a few more companies, including Tecno, are not the actions of a company that's so really hard up.
As an employee, it's far from me to comment my thoughts to the detail why's and to speculate the future too much. We have some pretty good reasons and ideas behind the headlines in our shop, as I'm sure other employees do in their shops......However....
now would be a VERY good time to buy quite a few Jessops shares!

It does remind me of the days of working for 3M.....a few weeks before the first Gulf war we were 'encouraged' to think about company shares...a day into the war shares went through the roof, related all of course to the Drugs and Pharmaceutics product bases 3M had their fingers in.
Likewise, the 'explosion' of digital technology in the photographic market lead to many considering those growth margins to be the norm, when in fact realistically they had to come back down at some point...food for thought, perhaps?

Last edited by Joe; 29-03-07 at 23:31.