View Single Post
Old 21-12-10, 23:39

Default A happy accident...

I have had some good news - one of my images will be the front cover shot for next month's 'Mountain Rescue' magazine. It was rather unexpected; I do provide most of the publicity shots for the mountain rescue team I am a member of, and this was just another snapshot while we were out training in the snow, so I didnt really expect anything to come of it when it was posted on our webpage.
Then, to my surprise, I got an email from the editor of the magazine, asking if it was my shot she had seen, and if so could she use it. This was on the back of having two images requested for the 2011 mountain rescue calendar - distrubuted nationally for publicity and fund-raising. Another spin-off from the calendar request was a request for inages for a first aid manual, again of mountain rescue training exercises.
So, although the images are not what I consider to be my best work, or something I spent a lot of time and effort on, I seem to be getting a name for this type of thing. It is obviously not so much what imagery you produce, but who knows you produce it..., and who knows where it will take me next year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _6BK6384.jpg (265.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg _6BK6775.jpg (228.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg _6BK8894.jpg (259.5 KB, 30 views)