View Single Post
Old 26-07-06, 21:19

I revisited Photo Story 3 just to refresh my memory. It's available as a free download from Microsoft, provided you have a legally licensed copy of Windows XP on your computer. Photostory will generate a .wmv file at resolutions from 640X480 up to 1024X768. It will NOT directly generate the DVD - the HELP utility says you have to import the .wmv file created by PhotoStory into another piece of software. I use Windows MovieMaker since it came bundled on my computer. The only nit I've found with PhotoStory is that the first slide shows as a black screen until you hit play. So, I import a title still photo into Windows Movie Maker, then import the .wmv video file. Movie Maker will create a DVD playable on either computer DVD drive or a DVD Player/TV combo, although I never found a way of putting more than one video/slide show on a DVD disk. If I want to put more than one video on a DVD, I use Cyberlink Power2Go (also bundled). It handles setting up selection menus of multiple videos on one disk.