Thread: Is POTW Dead?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-12, 03:57

I feel that whatever is decided or put into practice is too late for this site. I've felt for a while that we have no leadership, no umph, no interest from those that put these things into place. I believe we have three moderators and Admin Andy. Only one of the moderators periodically pops up and says he too busy or can't get on the internet (surely you have a router and wireless). When I joined the site in 2006 we had at least three enthusiastic moderators who were always on site, always commenting on anything and everything, as well as trying to help new users and beginners (especially Duncan, God bless him).

We have 6400 members and no interest, the regular few 6/7 vote on the bi-weekly comp - setup by the members. I know I'm guilty of not voting, I used to but when there are only 4/5 entries you lose the enthusiasm.

I would love to see the site rise up to it's former glory but we need people to drive it and make new members want to participate. Steve. has come up with some nice ideas but I don't see any evidence of the people who could put these ideas into practice even commenting. Why not??

Rant over.