View Single Post
Old 14-11-06, 21:24

Don.... These images are sharp as a tack... I agree with the 24 being to difficult to manage the 28 is at the edge in my opinion...I haven't tried using the reversed lens with tubes direct mount and would love to see what that produces.... I have them here just never got around to trying it... I have two sites listed in my how to blurb which has the reversing adapters for a toal of about 10 dollars U.S. it might be worth a gander to see what your particular set up would run... I think it all comes down to just how much mag do you want to play with... I found the direct reversed 50 and 28 just didn't satisfy me after dealing with close to 5x with the lens stack.....I made my own adapter out of a plastic lens cover for an old set of binoculars which works quite well.. I just started looking through the piles of misc. crap I had laying around and found this thing that has an OD just right for a snug fit to the ID of the filter threads of my main lens... Cut the center with a Rotozip to fit the 50 snugly and then used an old filter step up ring and threaded it into the 50 just to be sure it wouldn't walk its way out of the cap... I have a piece of tape wrapped around the assembled set up to be sure it doesn't drop out and a Tie wrap finishes off the securing.... It is strictly back yard engineered but on Island you work with what you have... Based on our similar backgrounds I know you have what it takes to make your own out of something around the shop or house..... Anyway buddy.... Keep me posted on how you're getting along.... If you decide to give the stacker a go and you need the sites for the adapters for pricing I will email them to you if you'd like.....
Take care Don......Alex
I know they are soft, I know they are out of focus, I know they lack contrast, I know my sensor needs to be cleaned, I know they are noisey, I know I should crop a little off the left side, I know I should find another hobby, but other than that how do you like them??..
Gear: Yes

Last edited by Alex Paul; 14-11-06 at 21:26.