View Single Post
Old 23-12-15, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by marydoll View Post
Just to ask - did you go for this camera - I am thinking about it recently - have gone a couple of times to get it and then pulled back thinking it'd be too complicated, too heavy and too big for me, so I'd appreciate your opinion of what you decided on. I've lost a bit of my photography mo jo at the minute, so haven't been on this site for a while, because of a bit of a confidence hiccup!

Sorry if I answer as the question was not directed this way but just to keep this going:

Marydoll, your description best fits 1D line of Canon.
In reality 7D is not significantly bigger or heavier that other entry level Rebels etc but then all should be what best fits your hand and your need so definitely go to a shop that allow you hold one in your hand and play with. Or your better option might be to rent one for a weekend or week and see how it goes.
It surely is a very capable camera specially in term of speed and AFing, deferent to your current camera in every ways and each bottom is differently placed etc but these things are very easy to get master with, in no time.
If your eyes are on it and it doesn't hurt your budget, go for what your heart says!
Only don't forget to make a good bargain on it. I see a significant price drop here in USA market and there were some incredible recent Christmas deals. So don't hesitate to make some more allowance for bag, memory, battery etc. when a simple bargaining can bring them all.
Have fun and hope you get better responses here.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN