View Single Post
Old 07-04-18, 07:57

[quote=cuilin;59989]i would suggest the nikkor 6mm f/2.8 fisheye.
[quote]

Hah hah Beth. Nice answer and nice that you pointed out to my dream lens! Yes I did see this lens in many of my dreams, even when I was a young boy! Interesting enough, there are people (Believers of Conspiracy theory) that say this lens was never made and its all made pictures! Then the recorded history, as I have gathered, shows only 3 copies of this 6mm F/2.8 Nikkor (The marvel of all lenses) were ever reached to USA land. The only one in public display was in Chicago camera shop window that during night, a car ran into the window and run away with the lens!!! I do not have a single photographer friend (And I have a lot friends!) that has ever seen this lens, in any situation, in person!
Once I saw a copy being sold in Germany and another time in USA, on ebay. The price was $35,000 (Ouch) but I guess this is a valid investment much better than 401K or stock market (Even bitcoin).

Anyhow and in order not to steal this thread & to answer Rachael, I must join Gidders and say: "There is a good reason that Kit lens is included in the box". Also as others said, unless you specify the exact need, style of photography and budget, its not possible to narrow down answer to your question.

Lastly, Nikon was one step ahead of others when creating F bayonet mount lenses when the standard of time was 42mm screw mount. The good thing is almost all the old Nikon lenses work on current bodies (In full manual mode or AV), if you can focus manually, so you have really plenty of choices.

Give more detail as to what is that you want to shoot and you get more precise answer. Meanwhile enjoy the kit lens and try to explore it maximally to extract what is that you miss there, which is the key as to what you need next.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN