View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony.rowell
I have studied the picture and there is a twig in front of the bird and there is movement there soi think there was movement with the bird slightly,also the bird image looks soft to me,i belong to another site and i see shots taken with Canon 350 d camerasof animals and the shots are alway have a soft look about them for some reason so it could be the camera softness problem,i have the canon 300 is f4 which is out of this world and this lens should be as good they get next to top marks for them,chech the write up on them at this site- www. fredmiranda.com and you will see what is said about the 400 mm ! what i would do is set your camera on a tripod and focus on the bark of a tree some distance away and that will give you a very good idea of its sharpness,and i nearly always take my photos raw i find that is better than letting the camera do it ! check that site out Roy,cheer.Tony.
Thanks for that Tony, It is not the Camera as I have had lots of really sharp shots from my 70-200 f4. Also I always shoot in RAW. One of the reasons why I bought thie 400mm f5.6 prime was because of the excellent reviews on Fred Miranda.
Roy

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM