View Single Post
Old 04-03-08, 22:58
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Vulpes View Post
May I respectfully remind you all that the photo of the week that depicts a corona bottle on a beach is NOT open for critique. Its creator did not opt to ask for any critique on the photo upload form nor uploaded it to the critique board. Please respect the wishes of the photo's creator.
Apologies for not having noticed blank where critique is requested or not, both to moderators and Sharon. Personally it seems odd to me to post photos on a forum and expect only positive comment, but if this is a rule rather than a guide, the link from the forum to the POTW photo should include the whole panel below the photo.

My outrage was not critique of the photograph as an abstract image nor of skill in its taking, but that something should be held up as exemplary which I find slightly disgraceful, though I hope Sharon that you took it away and recycled or binned it afterwards.

If anyone does not understand this, I suggest they report to their nearest National Trust or community beach clearance team and spend a few hours picking up the rubbish that makes beaches unplesant and dangerous if not removed. About 1/3 is stuff that has gone overboard from boats. About 1/3 junk left over from barbeques which also contains a lot of dangerous material - bottles do not stay whole for long. The other 1/3 and also dangerous is abandoned fishing line complete with hooks.