Thread: please respond
View Single Post
Old 04-09-06, 14:16

I have read this thread with interest and have to admit to failing in the eyes of some contributers:
1. I will look at many of the photos but rarely leave comments. I am not "that" experienced and feel uneasy judging others (call me a big softy)
2. I don't publish my own exif data (frankly, I don't know how to!)
3. I have entered the monthly comp. but have not voted myself. Wasn't sure if this was the done thing.

I accept that just by publishing a photo on the main gallery, I shouldn't expect comments, negative or otherwise. Consequently I recently posted a photo in the "Critique" forum along with a very brief explanation of why.
So far 45 views and no response - not a dicky bird! Is it because the shot is so exceptional/appalling no one thinks it worthy of comment? If posts in the main gallery are not commented on (and I freely admit to browsing without comment)and posts in the critique forum are not commented on, the photos on this forum will be nothing but eye-candy. I love the fact that I have somewhere to post photos that can cause discussion. It just needs people like me to open up a bit and be more forthcoming.