View Single Post
Old 21-11-10, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebennett81 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to get some filters for my Canon EOS 500D, but I am not sure which ones to get (nothing fancy or expensive as this is a part time hobby)

I am quite into my cars, and often and car meets, I do a lot of photography in public car parks, and being it this time of year, it is dark. The car parks are well lit, but when taking pictures with a slow exposure and tripod, there is always an orange glow from the street lights above

I would like to get a whiter finish to the photo i.e. a white light shining onto the cars rather than an orange one, if that makes sense. What filter do I need for this?

playing around with the amount of white and dark in the picture does not eradicate this, so I am thinking a filter would resolve this?

If anyone could help, that would be much appreciated
Get an external flash with built-in diffuser and fire the flash 90 degrees towards the car and shooting on manual at 1/125 f/8.0 without using a tripod. Also to avoid camere shake set the shutter speed according to the lens. eg, if using a 500mm lens set the shutter speed 1/500 to avoid lens shaking.