View Single Post
Old 05-07-08, 17:54

Christine, and Mike for that matter,

if you click on the Huey Pro icon in your taskbar on the bottom right of the screen and select "huet PRO preferences" in the settings tab you have the option of showing corrected or uncorrected. If you have a picture such as the Capture One colour checker image, or robski's test chart open, then flicking between these two options will show you just how far out (or otherwise if you're a very lucky person) your screen is both before and after.

If you've been using a "bad" monitor for a while, it does take a bit of getting used to when you've got it right.

I use my laptop together with the VP930 panel in a dual screen setup, I have the opposite ends of the extremes with these two screens where I can get the blacks right on the laptop screen, but the whites are sufferring in the same way you describe, but on the other screen I can get the whites perfect, but the blacks are the same as the nearly blacks. Midtones look identical and there are no colour cast differences between the two. I have to have the contrast set to 0% on the laptop, and the brightness set to 100% on the VP930.

If I view using the "uncorrected" setting, they look hideously different. For me, a hardware based monitor calibration tool is an essential. Without it, as Christine has found, what you think is right is possibly nowhere near right.

D.