View Single Post
Old 20-07-08, 22:45
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
Foxy, I have the manual but find that you still have to rummage through it to join up the dots on the bits I am not familiar with. Perhaps thats what Jason Odell's e-book offers.
Never mind, we will end up creating the WPF book.

A bit bushed after the Steam Rally so just two quick graphics for today. These are to show the effect that slight displacement when placing the Control Point can have a huge effect on the mask that is created. I suggest fine adjustment of position of the Control Point is made at magnification greater than 25%. Remember it is easy to toggle between mask and no mask.

I have found changing magnification, and the viewable part of the image on screen, is far easier done in the Birds Eye View, rather than using Magnifier and the Hand Control.
In Birds Eye View the displayed image area can be dragged around easily.

Don
inspired by your efforts Don & finding a heap of Tewkesbury Abbey interiors I had laid aside, I thought I would try the selection control point out on the classic problem of blowing the window glass in order to get the interior decently exposed.

I entirely agree on the manual business, indeed it hadn't ocurred to me that there was a pull down menu from the little face. Seeing the mask as black/white is a huge bonus....and as your graphics show it can make a huge difference moving the point quite a small distance; equally in positioning on the most 'blown' section of stained glass.

I duplicated the nef accidentally (intending to duplicate a control point) on purpose having corrected basics in 1.3 then tried the difficult bit in both. The result is not straightforward as there are differences in final image not accounted for after the branch, but the first positive indication so far of distinct advantage.

Missed Marcle Steam rally from too many prior committments so no divided loyalty this end !