View Single Post
Old 19-07-07, 21:33

Default Photography and the terrorism law.

I thought I would just tell you about a little happening I had today on Liverpool Lime Street station.

Whilst waiting for my train home tonight at around 18.40, which to no ones surprise was cancelled, I decided to take some pictures of trains waiting at the platforms. I had taken about a dozen pictures when I was approached by two security men who asked what I was doing. I told them I was just taking pictures of trains approaching the station. I was told to stop straight away and if I refused I could be arrested under the prevention of terrorism act. I was also told that I could be a suspected terrorist. I was also asked if I had a ticket, which I showed to them. They then said Network Rail don't allow photography on any of their property. What annoyed me most was the fact that they suspected me of being a terrorist and the fact that I was threatened with 28 days detention under the prevention of terrorism act for doing nothing more than following my hobby.

The moral of this story is that you now have to think hard about what you are going to photograph and where you are taking your pictures. Perhaps we are looking at a ban of taking photos in public places.

So just remember big brother and big business are watching you.

Alan