View Single Post
Old 08-01-06, 22:36

I began taking photographs with a digital camera over 3 years ago. Then, I just had a point and shoot and used to love doing macro photography of flowers. I have always been fascinated with close up intricate detail of nature. Then I bought a minolta z1 that meant I could zoom in further and that was it I was hooked. Martinmere was a huge inspiration to me and I started snapping away at anything that moved. People would tell me what beautiful ducks there were that they had never seen and were never likely to see from all over the world. The artist and the teacher in me then took that and built a website that would show people everywhere the beauty of wildfowl in all its different guises. Then I started my journey with dslr and my whole ethos changed. No more was I content to just snap away but to really look at the beauty of nature through colour and composition. Larger lenses then made it possible for me to go out into a wilder stage and photograph truely wild birds and hopefully educate many that we have a very beautiful world out there.