View Single Post
Old 13-08-10, 17:55

Default MkII part one

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski View Post
Don £117 is a hell of a lot of blu tack, tin foil, card board and paper clips
Good one Rob.
This part shows where the money went.

Used Nikon PB-5 bellows + Nikon M2 ring, another Manfrotto long sliding plate, a shorter Maplins gooseneck microphone stand, one of two mini ballheads, ( taken from Hama mini tripods ) from London Camera Exchange in Norwich 'make us an offer' bin, and a bit of aluminium from the auto jumble at a steam rally.

Courtesy of Nikons statement that the PB-5 is not compatable with any digital cameras, and the fact that the mount was seized and slightly damaged I got this for a really good price . The M2 ring was thrown in with the bellows as I intend to permenantly sort the bellows mount problem by attatching it with bearing seal. As I cannot mount the D2X without it on the bellows as a spacer, its not a problem.

I guess Nikon declared the PB-5 as incompatable due to all the digital cameras having the handgrip which was absent on the Nikkormat's, F's, F2's and F3's so mounting can only be done in one orientation without the addition of a PK ring. The D2X just like any of the pro cameras, F5 through to D3X cannot move down the rail as the D100 can, due to the extra height from the battery box. In this case incompatable is not the same as useable with some additional extension. Ha,ha . To make up for some of that lost adjustment with the D2X I added an aluminium base and Manfrotto long sliding base.

Four pics attatched
1) D100 + PK12 ring mounted on the bellows to show available movement
2) D2X + M2 ring + PK12 mounted on the bellows. This shows how the camera cannot move down the rail. Also that the mount is now free to rotate for vertical orientation.
3) Closeup to show the damage to the lens locking pegs groove.
4) The head assembly including the new flash mount.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D100 on PB5 bellows.jpg (153.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg D2X on PB5 bellows.jpg (158.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Damaged bellows lens lock.jpg (142.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Head assembly.jpg (126.2 KB, 14 views)