View Single Post
Old 14-08-10, 17:32

Default MkII part 4

The subject table.

This comprises the compound table used in the first version but makes use of the Manfrotto micro positioning plate for vertical movement. That is attatched via a ball head to a magnetic clock base. Lots of possible movements available there, even though I have added the second LCE bargain bucket ball head to carry the subject platform. Atop the mini-ballhead is a spigot to accept various holders so almost any subject orientation can be achieved. Albeit not expensively micro driven movements. Mounted to the table is the origional swan neck mic stand with a section of poly milk container for additional flash diffusion, and a device to hold a background card.

I have no idea of magnification factors so before the question is asked, I mounted a ruler in the subject position an checked how much will fill the frame on the long end with various combinations of lens and extension.

1) Maximum bellows extension plus the M2 ring = a total extension of 210mm
Reversed 50mm lens records 4mm
Reversed 28mm lens records 2.25mm
Reversed 24mm lens records 2mm

2) Adding PK12, PK13 and PN11 to that gives an extension of 304.5mm
Reversed 50mm lens records 3.25mm
Reversed 28mm lens records 1.75mm
Reversed 24mm lens records 1.5mm

Pics attatched
1) Subject stand
2) Subject holders to date
3) The whole set up in a single shot

The next post is the one dealing with subject framing, and in doing that I discovered another use for this outfit. Well chuffed with that one.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Subject table.jpg (166.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Subject holders.jpg (182.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg The whole set up.jpg (192.6 KB, 19 views)