View Single Post
Old 26-11-09, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Green View Post
Dear all

Just as I was contemplating purchasing my first DSLR I've come to the conclusion that my nackered old PC wouldn't be able to cope with larger format file sizes, just tried to upload and edit 15 images taken with a 12m pixal bridge camera I borrowed last week (not even a DSLR) and my PC has repeatedly crashed everytime I tried to crop or use the different effects on picasa.

My problem being, at present I can't afford a new PC and a new camera so just wondering what everyone else is using as regards to power and memory etc to store and edit pictures on and what sort of budget I should be thinking of?

I don't want to store thousands of pictures, just a few dozen of the best ones and edit them as and when....with simple post editing software maybe progressing to PS later on.

Thanks

Matt
Go for the Dell recommended by yelvertoft, it will knock the socks off your current setup. Don't get a laptop in the same price bracket as you'll be disappointed and don't worry about the "only 3Gb" stuff, it makes no difference, trust me (19 years experience working in various IT related disciplines and broadcast media / video editing)

Carl