View Single Post
Old 20-09-10, 13:32

Question Help/your opinion on a coursework question and my answer please.

Hey ok so recently ive started a course with the photography institute and im a just wanting some opnions if you're willing to give them.

For each of the following photographic assignments, describe the lens, attachments and filters you would use. Assume that you are shooting on a small format SLR digital camera with a full size 35mm sensor and have only the following lenses: 20mm, 28mm shift, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 100mm macro, 135mm, 300mm. Please nominate the lens or lenses chosen and give a brief explanation of why you made the choices you did.

Q: A magazine has hired you to shoot a cover shot of a models head. There will be hair and makeup artists and they want an outdoor shot on an overcast day.

My answer: Probably use the 135mm, It will allow you frame snugly on the models head and it would also give a nice out of focus background. I would also add a little light to the picture useing a reflector and bouncing it off the model and this could make up for the fact that its an overcast day.