View Single Post
Old 03-08-08, 10:30

A great monthly theme.
Landscapes in general have to be one of the most popular subject matters. Therefore, lets hope there's plenty of entries and voting this month?

I'm glad Chris asked the question, which was on my mind too.
I have some coastal shots and shots I like. A few point directly out to sea, with little or no land (if there is it's a beach) in them....
I'd re-looked through the posting categories in the gallery section, and had come to the conclusion/ assumption these would normally be classed as seascapes.....so I would normally post them in the seascape and coastal structures category...
Therefore, common sense prevailing, I will either be out photographing (preferred option), or looking through files to find a nice shot I like which fitted the monthly theme a little better, and in true fitting the theme of LANDscape.

However, thinking about it a bit more, as an example situation...... if I didn't have quite so many photos, I was new here, hadn't entered a competition before, and really wanted to enter my prize photo I thought was extra special, I would hate to think I would be shot down in flames?...
I'm all for encouraging more entries and general interest in the monthly comps'...but it would be my call, as who's to say there would not be a future monthly theme of 'seascapes' where my prize photo might get lots more votes ?!!!
my waffle over...but hope it helps?