View Single Post
Old 27-11-07, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
My brother is fascinated by micro photography. He's been given a Field Microscope 45 mag (Macroscope). He wants to photograph specimens through the macroscope. At present he has a Nikon Coolpix 7600 7.1 MP 3x zoom lens 7.8 - 23.4mm f2.8 - 4.9 and has been trying to work out a way of sleeving the camera to the macroscope. Has anyone overcome the problems involved and/or know of any relevant sites? I think we'll have another member soon!!! - he spends more time on his hobby than I can manage at present
Here's a little something that may be of interest here!

Last year I spent some time experimenting with a 10x magnifying glass and a compact camera on macro mode, the results might not be ''art'' but it is a cheap and quite effective method when higher magnification isn't needed.
''Static'' objects are probably best as live specimans are very hard to control with this method ~ I tried this with a zebra spider from the garden and gave up after 10 minutes!!

The camera is simply fixed on a tripod looking down on the object of choice through the magnifying glass...

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mattspics%20164%20%28Custom%29.jpg (26.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg mattspics%20163%20%28Custom%29.jpg (23.7 KB, 16 views)