Thread: please respond
View Single Post
Old 27-07-06, 05:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel G
Hi purplebyron

In the short life of this site similar views have been represented before and I am sure they will be again but as I believe the site aims to be many things to many people I see plenty of opportunity for serious critique just as there is space for the "nice shot" type comment.

However my main reason for posting is that I am intrigued. I'm pretty new to photography and at present learn a lot from what people say about their own images. So, given that you want comment why do you tell us so little about your pictures. Having looked at all 4 you put in today's gallery there is no exif data, no mention of equipment, no comment on circumstance or why you think it worth posting; not even a title. Again that is entirely your perrogative - but I find it slightly at odds with this thread ??
Yes Nigel-i agree with you.
I know zero about photography-but that doesnt stop me from liking the pictures.I am sure for all (for me at least)-i would see a picture and say wow
but dont forget i am down this side of the world-For me
A.The place the picture was taken is a must.
B.what time the picture was taken(i no nothing about shutter speed.focusing level etc) for in my mind it tells me was it evening-for then my mind comparse the picture with what i may have seen-thus telling me how close it was to what i saw.(is it beautiful or not)
C.-what the picture taker was feeling when he took the shot -joy sorrow or simply focused on the picture or was it his first try or more.
whic in turn enhances the value of the picture to me in my mind
D.Title of the picture-not just Mb1324- but what the photographer has called it-for then seeing his title in my mind again will improve in its likiing for the shot.(dont forget emosions of the picter taker to the picture he took is also going to influance my mind to say it excellent ,beautiful or just plain.
D.Last not the least-what state my mind was when i saw the picture-was it sad,happy,tired.or simply going through the motions of seeing the pictures uploaded in this web site.
Please dont blame the web but blame ourselfs for lack of what i will say is uploading pictures flooting in space(web space) without any of the things i feel are importent for me to view and comment on the picture-i know i am a nobody in photography-but i am human and being human i like to watch photograph taken by all of you-for it takes me where you"ll are when you take the shot but just having a no. Mgn-2415-it leaves me lost for my mind askes the questions that i wrote above and i dont have the answers so feeling let down i leave and try to see a nother picture which may have all that i wrote above.
I am sorry if i have hurt any bodys feeling-i know nuts about photography and want to learn but seing some of the pictures it leaves me frustrated and incomplate-i hope you understand.I am a healer -i heal people but come to (web)you'LL to be healed(relaxtion of the mind) by watching your pictures,places ,animals-but am left half healed.You'LL take so much time and trouble to take shot but but just a few minutes of your time to say about the picture is missing-I love all of your pics-but for me who has no knowldge of photography must depend on my sences-sight to like a picture and details written about it.
I hope if you'll the mods think i shouldnt have written this and decide that i should leave please inform me-i know most of you"ll will say who is he say all this.I am sorry again but I always do speak my mind come what may.Redgars to all.