View Single Post
Old 14-10-08, 15:26
Super Moderator

Thank you for the vey kind offer nirofo. Until last year I built loads of machines for myself, family and friends so I am finding it very frustrating not being able to do it myself. When I spoke to tech support last week and he asked me to swap the memory modules over I couldn't relocate the slot because I couldn't see it, I was getting really annoyed with myself.

We are taking the machine in tomorrow and don't expect to see it again until sometime next week, maybe longer. Mario asked if he could book a time to take it in but the support chap said he didn't know when he would be able to get around to looking at it to run the tests, he then put the phone down on Mario.

We know its a faulty motherboard with something wrong with the USB. Going through three pair of memory in 11 months and now the processor is only running on one core. The shop said they have to run thorough tests before they would consider changing the motherboard. I am just hoping they don't corrupt the hardisk messing around.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.