View Single Post
Old 04-03-12, 22:32

Default Problem performing multiple edits in elements 10?

I'm slowly getting to grips with Elements 10 and getting a better idea of which fuctions to use and which fuctions to stear clear of ..however I'm having trouble performing multiple edits on single RAW files. It's probably a simple fix I haven't yet discovered but I seem to come unstuck if for example I need to go into lense corrections, straighten, then use quick selection tool to replace colour, adjust hue saturation and levels etc, the problem being the edit fuctions I need to access are greyed out? I find I can do some but not all the editing work I need to do, the only way I've found around the problem is to do as much as I can, then when I can't access lense correction filter etc I save as a JPeg and finish off the edits on the copy (I'd rather work on one single RAW file than finishing off edits on a Jpeg copy!)

What am I doing wrong?

Below is a rough working of an image recently taken near Glastonbury, I needed to straighten, adjust the hue of the grassy foreground, add a dark blue grad tint to the sky and work a little on the church on top of the hill in levels and sharpen using the selection tool but had to do the last couple of edits on a Jpeg copy of the original RAW file..

Any advice welcomed!

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0068 copy copy - Copy.jpg (440.3 KB, 13 views)