View Single Post
Old 19-02-07, 15:40

Just to review the debate on suggestions for change to date.

In a nutshell Chris (Daedal) would like to see some device which prevents Pros from dropping their prize winning shot into the competition purely to put another notch on their belt and then never to be seen again.

Clive (Gidders) supports Sassan on allowing more entries per member. He also feels there is some merit in reviewing. He made the point about entries being anonymous to prevent friends voting for each other.

Don Hoey I feel would like to see some sort of change but maybe that was just the beer talking.

Sue (Greypoint) has a more radical idea to start a picture of the week/month with nominations from the gallery.

Nigel G welcomes changes to improve competition involvement. He would like to see the following changes. Make it impossible to see the voting results until after you have voted (as is the case on BF). I am inclined to go along with the suggestion that postings should be anonymous until after you have voted. Make it impossible to vote for oneself.

At some point a red herring was introduced about introducing ability levels. I don’t recall anybody requesting that.

Stephen Fox’s contribution was to wave the rule book at us.

It would seem that only Joe and Dan (Snowyowl) are completely happy with the status quo and at least 7 members have voiced that they would like to see some adjustment to the rules.

Joe Quote “I don't believe any ability or number of images rule should apply when entering these fun competitions.”

Joe does this mean you are in favour of multiply entries per member?

To be honest since the forum started I have grown tired of the pointless requests and debate on the topic of competitions because its rules appear to be firmly set in stone.

Unless somebody is prepared to tell me otherwise.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated