View Single Post
Old 25-12-09, 12:03
The Wanderer

HI Rob,
If you want to send as the OP wants then you would want to use bridge (or any other method that you may find) as Its just for a tutorial purpose and no need for high quality.

Now you are going off track with the 8 bit and so on, I am not talking about the data in that way as that has not been mentioned, So lets not start getting to deep and loosing people even more .
Working In RAW compared to JPEG Is the best way as like you said It retains more data and values. I am like you mentioned talking about the controls that will be in tact (maybe i should of made that more clear when i mentioned data instead of saying controls). as that Is what the tutorial is for and the quality will have to be scrutinized which I'm sure you will, If It was going to print and so on. but for a tutorial and for someone who can only send a small file Its the way to go, as the person doing the tutorial Is obviously showing them how to use the controls in RAW.
That's my only point, I have never said that It would be as good as a RAW file but If you compare the RAW to the JPEG then you will see for the purpose of a tutorial It not a problem.

There will always be a down side in working in JPEG compared to RAW.

Last edited by The Wanderer; 25-12-09 at 12:08.