View Single Post
Old 09-02-19, 02:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrochemist View Post
Although the thread is nearly ten years old, I think it only fair to point out this is actually the case for all lenses at the more distant end of the focus scale. Adjusting focus from distant stars to the moon (more miles than you can comprehend) hardly needs any focus adjustment at all In my experience the degree of focus movement with a mirror lens is not that different to a refractor of similar focal length. The design of the thread on the focusing helicoid being chosen to make it match the focal length. There is a range of focus sensitivities, some lenses giving more focus movement than others AF lenses tend to have less movement for a given change in focus, as precision in manual focusing is not so much of an issue.

Ohhhh Gush and this is an old thread with some earlier questions directed at me, when I never saw. So awfully sorry for that.

Yes "Petrochemist" and focusing with these (CAT lenses), in general is not difficult with a big cavate: "How much of perfect focus can we see on the view finder of our digital camera? as any degree of out of focus, will show up in final image".

Then the next biggie is not infinity focus, if it is achievable. The main problem is that it can not be achieved, especially with certain brands (s.a. Canon) and on DSLR. This is due to "Flange distance" and mirrorless did really served us fine here.

Well I won't go over the details but if anyone has a question, please say so and I'll try to help, if I can. BTW if anyone interested to buy this type of lens, I can pass you some secrets and some good suggestions.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN