View Single Post
Old 29-12-07, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbunion View Post
I was given Andy Rouse's "Understanding Raw Photography" for Christmas and in it Andy basically tells all serious amateur photographers to buy Photoshop. He considers there to be nothing to touch it. He likens it to any other piece of camera equipment. Why spend hundreds if not thousands of pounds on a digital camera then not spend on the one piece of equipment that will enhance your shots like no other.
I also got this book (it is excellent btw) and it persuaded me to get my act together and sort out my workflow. I don't believe Photoshop is difficult to use, as you can choose how deep you want to go. Afterall there is more than enough information out there to help you and if I can learn it, then anyone can.

I also agree with Mr Rouse, Photoshop is much more than just another bit of software and if you're serious about your photography it is a must have bit of kit. I started learning it a couple of months ago from magazine CD's and internet tutorials and already I've signed up to run tutorials for our camera club - it really is not difficult to pick it up. OK there is a lot it can do that maybe I'll never learn - but do I need to as I'm also someone who likes to get it as right as I can in the camera? However it's good to know the features are there if and when I need them.

My New Website