View Single Post
Old 28-11-09, 17:20

I agree Mike with you Mike, I am not stating that there is anything wrong with this forum but you can be drawn into false self-confidence about your pictures if you relied on feedback on here.

Take a look at this image of mine and note the vignetting in the top corners. Actually I think it is the lens hood. I had not even seen that myself and nobody commented about it.

The comment I got on my clubs forum were :-

Looks a nice arcade, well worth a shot, I think some work is required on the shadows,
the crop is odd for me I feel it needs more on the bottom, the person on the right has
been partially cut, that's my opinion anyways. Interesting vignetting your lens has.
I like the people showing motion blur, adds atmosphere.

and

Agree with the shadows point already raised. Dare I suggest an HDR approach could have worked well with this type of scene!

I don't know the arcade so it might not work - but I'd like to see it with a more symmetrical shot with the main arch central in the frame. The composition looks slightly odd to my eye - but like I said I don't know the arcade and wasn't there.

A lot more direct but also perhaps more accurate and more likely to help me improve my work.

Just food for thought. I am not recommending flaming and nasty comments but it is not the first time I have mentioned this issue before regarding comments on this forum.