View Single Post
Old 29-11-09, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hallas View Post
A good response to this thread until the last sentence of the last post which was both patronising and pathetic.
Sorry John, it wasn't intended to be that way. I guess this reinforces what Mike said "misunderstandings are usually avoided but this is not the case on a forum. Folk here do not want to hurt anyone's feelings so are careful".

You asked for feedback. I expressed my opinion. I cannot see what is either patronising or pathetic about my last sentence but if you choose to take offence then I'm sorry.

Allow me to rephrase. I think the crop as you have it gives an unbalanced look which could be redressed by taking the image in portrait format to emphasise the tall space and also allow the eye to be led through the frame. I have recropped the image to show the kind of thing I was thinking of, though I would have given more space to the bottom of the frame; this would have also meant the camera was not pointing upwards which has tilted the perspective and made the columns lean back. I've done some perspective shift to reduce this and also shifted sideways a bit as you weren't quite square on the the passageway. This crop has also got rid of the vignetting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg London_arcade cropped.jpg (142.6 KB, 9 views)