View Single Post
Old 26-12-09, 14:22
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft View Post
Quite agree with this. Rob knows his stuff on this subject, REALLY knows his stuff. See this thread:
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...ead.php?t=2523
for everything you ever wanted to know about conversion to jpeg. You cannot retain the full raw data in a jpeg.
Hi Yelvertoft, Don't take this the wrong way but did you read the the whole 3 pages? and more importantly did you read what i said after Rob's last reply. That i should of said controls instead of data to keep it simple and not get people confused. My fault.
Glad he does know his stuff (It'll be great to pick his brains now and then). He will then know that the controls are available in camera RAW AND WILL be good enough for the purpose of the tutorial.
I have not mentioned anything to do with the RAW values or bit data.
This is what people are missing.
The whole point of what i am saying Is that THE CONTROLS ARE AVAILABLE IN CAMERA RAW WITH THE JPEG. and that can be sent to the person who wants to do the tutorial.
As I have already mentioned there Is nothing better than working with a raw file as a JPEG Is limited.
But AGAIN the purpose of my reply to this is that someone wants a tutorial doing on camera RAW and is not able to send the original file. So If the person converts it to a JPEG and sends it, the person doing the tutorial can OPEN IT IN CAMERA RAW VIA BRIDGE AND THEN DO THE TUTORIAL USING THE CAMERA RAW CONTROLS.

Because someone may know everything does not always make them right. We all learn something and unless he and yourself try it and see then there Is no point to the replies as we are going round in circles.

ps. IF you do want to try It to see that I am correct then before you do (and i am not trying to be clever) go to Bridge, open the camera RAW preferences and make sure that JPeg and TIFF handling is set to "Automatically open JPEG with settings" This Is probably were Roy C went wrong, but he did not want any helped.

Last edited by The Wanderer; 26-12-09 at 18:07. Reason: spelling