View Single Post
Old 22-10-06, 00:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
Leif,

Unfortunately I am following this with some interest.
I am sorry for your experiences Leif, kind of glad I made my own now. I did wonder if, from your pobs with the first one and disintigrating rubber, a materials Quality control issue had been raised that was not truely owned up to. Hence lack of general supply. Having spent many years in manufacturing production I am all too aware of what happens behind the scenes. Stop any more going out and hope we can solve it before too many people return units for warranty replacements.

Unfortunately in manufacturing these things do happen if you do not directly control all processes. In this case I am sure Nikons supplier will have been given a serious roasting as would any of ours. Not a lot of help to the end customer though I know.

Are you aware of where the fault lies in Chinese version?

Don

Hello Don

I opened up the Chinese hand set using some jewellers screwdrivers I have, and there are three wires that are poorly soldered to three plates, which come into contact when the trigger is fully depressed. However, the contacts seem okay, so I am not sure where the problem lies. Maybe at the other end.

Leif