View Single Post
Old 26-08-06, 09:13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Stephen, I have just disabled the Auto in Camera RAW and saved the new defaults. Gone back into bridge and selected all images and set them to the Camera Raw default. It has worked they are still about a third of a stop out but nothing like they were.
Christine

Before 1 bought my 20D I remembe reading someting about a tendency to slightly underexpose. I find that it underexposes typically by ~1/3 stop. It look like something Canon have built in to try and help us avoid blown highlights. I find the "blinking" pixels wanring very useful and, except in contrastty situations dial in + 1/3 exposure compensation.

As far as the ACR default setting go I never use them - most of us wouldn't use full auto on our camera so why give up control when you get the image into your software I find the best way of judging the exposure for the highlights & shaddows is to hold down the Alt key and then when you click & drag the relevant slider it will show the blown/blocked up pixels & even which RBG channel. I can recommend "Real World Camera RAW" by Bruce Frazer as a good book for getting the best out of your RAW images