View Single Post
Old 04-06-08, 22:11
Chris

This has got a bit complicated!
All on mac:
With your last edition of 'digital dog' image, I can get 5 diferent renderings of which only 2 are the same viz downloaded and viewed in Capture NX and PSE4, all others including it on Safari are pretty desaturated in comparison and well to the blue on the lady's jumper
With your editions of mine, even viewed on Safari the better (RH) one is still not as good as the original viewed on Safari, which in turn is identical to it viewed in NX, PSE or GraphicConverter, my mac equivalent of Bridge, Lightroom or whatever.
On PC:
I used the Poppy as one of the tests and, in Firefox 2 without add-on, had to look quite hard to notice the difference from it as viewed on Safari. It is a cheap 17" flat screen with absolutely no calibration or anything, wouldn't have the faintest idea how to on XP.

I think I am going to stick to posting with the Adobe/Nikon RGB and hope everyone on WPF at least takes Duncan's advice and either use Safari or adds the Add-on to their Firefox 3. I imagine most pbase subscribers will also be that savvy.

I don't think WPF postings are accessible through search engines. If people searching from their ****ty office PC with IE look in following a search, they will have to get what they do; at least if they swipe it, it will look OK in PSE . I despair of office attitudes to computers; one of my last placements was in an office where they gave you 2 x 17" screens, being cheaper than 1 x 21", in another I refused to use their monitor as it was so far out of XY alignment (for CAD work); at publishers where my daughter works they are still using mac OS9 (pre 2000)