View Single Post
Old 12-03-07, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy C View Post
Thanks for replying Nick. I was thinking of sending the Camera back but after playing with it a bit more I think it is ok. I always shoot in RAW so pushing the exposure slightly is no big deal but it is nice to get it right in the Camera.
I have been out today with the 17-40 lens and exposure look fairly good, maybe 1/3 under. I have noticed it more when using Partial metering with my birding lens but dialing in + 2/3 has done the trick. I think I will have to start looking at the histogram a bit more.

That photo of yours is very nice but I notice on the exif data that EV comp is 0.

Cheers
Roy
Hi Roy,

Yep I noticed that as well, but the true exif is +0.33EV using opanda and looking at the original file which I have at home.

Opanda:- Exposure Bias Value = +0.33EV

Maybe WPF is not extracting the EXIF properly, I am fairly sure was ok with my Nikon files?

I find I use the histogram and highlights display more and more these days now I am getting an understanding what it actually means and does. You can't rely on in camera automatic metering and what the pic looks like on the camera screen.

Cheers
Canon EOS 1D MKIII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM | Canon 1.4x II and 2.0x II Extenders (TC's).