View Single Post
Old 13-10-08, 02:09

Hi Saphire

Your surge protector wouldn't cause your computer to run slow, it would either work or not work! In any case does the computer run OK direct from the wall socket or not, if not then the surge protector is not the problem? What's more likely is you have a computer power supply that has been damaged by previous surges, (you mention you had one recently), or is simply on it's way out. Surge protectors don't always protect the equipment that's plugged into them, I've repaired several computers that had been damaged by power suges even though they were plugged into so-called surge protectors. Another possible cause is a corrupt bios set up, you can try resetting your bios to default and see if that makes a difference. However if as you say you have already had to replace 3 sets of memory chips in an 11 month old computer, then there's a fundamental problem with the computer and I would suspect the motherboard. In any case if it's only 11 month's old I would be harrassing the shop where you purchased it and demanding they either fix it or replace it pronto!

nirofo.