Thread: PC vs Mac
View Single Post
Old 07-12-15, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsnapper View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how supporters of a particular item will blame the buyer for not researching the item's short-comings.
Well, who else is there to blame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsnapper View Post
I've got a USB cluttering my table, bit it wouldn't be necessary if the ports were at the front.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of the 'most people' who download software etc, and until it becomes standard for it to be so, I'd expect an optical drive with the machine.

As John has so-well advised, you need to do a lot of on-line research before switching from a PC to a Mac or you might not get what you are expecting.
Birdsnapper are you seriously telling me that you did not check the specifications of the iMac before you bought it. And no you don’t need to do a lot of on-line research, a visit to the Apple website would have quickly made you aware of what you were actually buying.

If you wanted a computer that had front USB ports like a PC then why didn’t you buy a PC.
If you wanted a computer that had an optical drive like a PC then why didn’t you buy a PC.
If you wanted a computer that would run Windows only software like a PC then why didn’t you buy a PC.

It is perfectly obvious from your previous posts that the computer you bought is totally unsuitable for your specific needs and requirements and yet you have the audacity to blame Apple for your predicament.

If you wanted a computer that had easily accessible USB ports on the front of the machine then why did you buy a Mac which has its USB ports on the back.
If you wanted a computer that had a built-in optical drive then why did you buy a Mac that doesn't.
If you wanted a computer that will run Windows only software then why did you buy a Mac that runs OSX.

There is only one person to blame for the situation that you are in and that is you.