View Single Post
Old 11-06-16, 19:05

Glad you got it Marydoll and congratulations.

Its a known fact that (Of course for the Canon fanboy/fangirls) if you are to only take one lens with you, for a top assignment, when nothing is the limit, you need a 24-70 L F2.8 Period. Of course you know there are 2 sister lens in this category, Classic and Mk II. Despite all the advertisement, at half the price, Classic can give you identical image, indistinct from the younger sister, so don't feel bad to go for either. Sigma and Tamron have something very close at much lower price, but if you are not rich enough to by any product, you probably stick to Original Canon L.

Now if you are on same assignment and need to have all the lenses, Considering you should only shoot at Best possible IQ, you need to add a 70-200L to the gadget.
Nothing more.

My best camera sale person (Unusually honest! or so I think) tells me 24-70 F2.8 is the best lens Canon makes and in fact if you are to own only one lens in your lifetime, that is it. Pay once and live truly happy eve rafter.
May be a bit exaggeration but definitely has a grain of truth in it.

The truth that manufactures/sellers don't want you to know is that combination of 24-70L + 70-200L (Whichever sister lens in this category- There are at least 5 of them- that best suits your hand and budget) is all the glass you actually need to perform any assignment at pro level.

Camera body is secondary and don't let that cropped body bothers you.
Its mostly the glass and little to do with body.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN