View Single Post
Old 18-11-06, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Thanks Don, I have done loads with my 75-300 and all ext tubes connected and the closest I can get is 100mm. The magnification is nothing like the photos that have been shown here. I am still looking around the house to attach a reversed 50mm to the end and see what I get. I have hand held it in front and it looks good but the photos are too shaky.
Christine,

I have not actually tried this with my zoom as a bit of a connection issue so probably would not work as well as Alex's set up. My 50mm is 52mm thread and the zoom 77mm thread. Kind of large front element leading to centering probs.

You will find focusing a bit of an issue as dof is very limited but you can overcome the shake issue in images by using full flash. The flash burst will be fast enough to eliminate the effects of shake. I do not know which 50mm you are using so suggest trying to keep subject the centre of the frame. A really boring but effective test shot you can try is anything with printed text, as you will be able to see if there is fall off of sharpness towards the edge of the frame.

Hope you like the wasps.

Don