View Single Post
Old 24-10-15, 23:10

Default Monitor Resolutions

What resolution monitors are members using? The reason I ask is---

For the past few years I've been using an HP ISP wide gamut monitor calibrated with a Spyder and must admit to being over the moon with it. For my birthday my wife and daughter have just bought me the Asus MX27AQ ISP 27 inch WQHD (2560×1440) and then I see what I've been missing all these years. The difference is like chalk and cheese.

When I connected the new monitor I thought initially that the screen was covered in dirt in one area, I was about to start cleaning the screen, but decided to view a different photo to my desktop image shown below. Low and behold no dirt to be seen, so I switched back to the desktop and yes all the dirt was again showing. Being a little slow witted It took a minute or two to realise the problem.

My desktop picture is of the Vulcan bomber I posted a few days ago and the dirt is actually particals from the aircrafts exhaust, also the turbulence is also very noticable. None of this is noticable on my HP 1920 x 1200 monitor.

I guess we spend a small fortune on our camera equipment and vertually never see on screen all of what the camera has taken.

Harry