Thread: Ring Light
View Single Post
Old 24-01-09, 20:42

Default Ring Light

For those of you who can remember the homemade ring flash thread (see link) http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...ead.php?t=1860
I have just finished making another one, This one is just a ring light (not flash) It started with a circle of plywood with a hole for lens to poke through that I had ready to make a ring flash using six disposable cameras (I got them from Morrisons) I had seen one made on the Internet, But I got so busy, I just didn't get round to finishing the project.
We had an old illuminated sign at work that was going to be skipped, inside the sign was ring tube about 12" in diameter with all the things that make a tube light work. I took the tube home and attached it to the front of the plywood, fitted a new wire with a plug to tube unit and also fitted an in line switch, which I attached to the back of the plywood (saves keep bending down and turning the unit off at the plug, plus it stops me getting a bad back) The original thought was to take to my studio for some close up face shots. But I needed to try it out first, So here a a few shots taken just after I finished the unit. I won't be back at the studio for about 2 weeks, so I will have to wait to try it with people.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peppers.jpg (363.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Light ring flash test.jpg (183.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Light ring flash test1.jpg (296.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg light ring.jpg (239.7 KB, 22 views)

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos