View Single Post
Old 10-05-09, 01:49

Been using the Windows 7 x64 bit version for about 3 months now, it's very stable, a whole world away from the travesty of Vista and unlike the 32 bit versions it uses all your memory and doesn't clip you at 3 Gb. I downloaded the latest RC 64 bit version from Microsoft last week, (3.05 Gb download), only problem I had during the install was it failed to find a driver for my SCSI card that I need for my Nikon scanner. A quick peruse through the Google pages soon turned up a doctored Vista driver that worked perfectly. It boots up a lot quicker than XP but takes up nearly 15 Gb of hard drive space, it doesn't seem to hogg the system like Vista did and it gives you far more control over your own computer. The majority of XP software seems to run OK and the system lets you install in XP mode if theres a problem, Photoshop CS4 and Nikon Capture NX both work very fast with this system. You get a years free use of the software, this should be enough to determine whether or not it does what it says on the box and give you chance to iron out any problems. If it continues to work as well as it is doing at the moment, then I think I'll probably change to this operating system when the final version becomes available.

nirofo.