View Single Post
Old 07-10-21, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potp View Post
Wow! This is fantastic information. Thank you so much for providing me with such a comprehensive response. I definitely learned a few things. I really appreciate the link also to Nikon s list of compatible lenses to their camera models. That is very helpful!
You sure know your stuff. I will do my research on those lenses you recommended.
Thanks again! Much appreciated!!
Nevertheless and despite all the gems of yesteryears, the New Digital era does not seems to be asleep or forgotten. So if you are willing to spend a tad more (But obviously not to the extent of the need for selling a kidney or arm and foot!), seriously look into the lens I am going to name here. There are many other by the same company, all with similar excellent spects, most significantly RAZOR sharp image quality and mostly free of usual aberrations that are impossible not to see in older generation glasses (s.a. Chromatic aberration and various degrees of internal reflection/flare, etc.) but the focal length that I found to be the MOST rewarding is the 105mm (That ole golden FL). Yes if I drive your interest, this is the lens:

105mm F/2 Laowa made by Venus Optics
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._2_smooth.html

A LINK here (Currently, as of early Oct 2021, Canon EF mount version is $480 before tax, but your price may vary on that side of the pond and depending on which mount you use) (By the way, there is more to it as far as various mount goes, so if you got seriously interested, let me know and will give you more info on this).

Yes, that fast F/2 makes it additionally a wonderful portrait lens as well if you are into that or potentially may want to go in that financially well rewarding direction. Then did I mentioned that this is a FULL FRAME manual lens? and then its 14 blades ensure an excellent bokeh, even when the lens is stopped down to your desired aperture.
For the disclosure and record, may I document here that I have absolutely no financial interest in this company and never ever got any sample or been sponsored by them. All my opinion her is base on hands-on, personal experience, expressed as a message to a co-photographer friend.

One last thing you need to know, whatever you do, don't forget the power of hand on the procedure as macro is one field that needs a lot of personal experience and a learning curve. So the earlier you do it, the better you'll be in a long run. Have a lot of fun in your endurance.

NB: Seems the LINK doesn't work and the site redirects it to a different page, so please use the name of lens as keywords, on your favorite online photogear site to find it.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 07-10-21 at 19:31.